during the Watch Night Service on Sunday, December 31st, 11:30 PM 2006 at
International Church, Atlanta, Georgia.
1. Read the Bible daily – Psalm 1:2
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. Ps 1:2 NKJV
They are food to the soul – 1 Pet. 2:2
They are light to your pathways – Psalm 119:105
They will keep you from sinning – Psalm 119:11
They will give you weapons for spiritual warfare – Eph. 6:17
2. Believe God’s word and all the promises of God for yourself.
For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 2 Cor 1:20 NKJV
Walk by faith, not by sight – Heb. 10:38-39
3. Pray without ceasing – 1 Thess. 5:17
With thanks make your request known to God – Phil. 4:6-7
4. Confess the Lord Jesus Christ frequently – Matt. 10:32-33
5. Avoid temptations and evil companions – Prov. 1:15
My son, do not walk in the way with them, keep your foot from their path; Prov 1:15 NKJV
Make friends with God’s people.
6. Be an active church participant – Heb. 10:25, Ps. 122:1
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the day approaching. Heb 10:25 NKJV
7. Recognize your weaknesses and depend on God’s strength.
Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians: 12-13 NKJV
You will have temptations but their power will always be broken when you resist the devil, pray and have faith in God